Help Desk Support Specialist
Help Desk Support Specialist
The Helpdesk support role is responsible for customer-centered technical support for the company’s desktop computing environment and corporate network, including supported hardware, Microsoft Office/Outlook and other business applications, and peripheral devices. This individual will create new accounts, assist with managing inventory, troubleshoot issues, run daily/weekly/monthly tasks and test systems when needed. This position requires an individual who is friendly, customer oriented, and able to multi-task.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure immediate and total restoration of services for all systems and services by promptly responding to users’ requests (including remote users) when they have an IT related problem – proactively recognize the problem and implement needed solutions
- Provide support and maintenance for in-house computer systems, including carrying out diagnosis, upgrade, repairs, maintenance, and installation of all equipment and hardware devices, as well as ensuring top performance of workstation
- Troubleshoot remote users’ issues by applying remote monitoring and management software
- Provide solution to software, hardware, and system problems by researching problems and questions, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and applying available information and resources
- Solve problems that do not have documentation by walking customers through established processes for solving problems over the phone or/and in person and utilize critical reasoning in solving the problem
- Carry out root cause analysis and create new resolutions to problems that occur frequently ▪ Identify and correct a problem by performing diagnostic reviews and developing error reports as requested
- Develop and maintain documentation for technology and business processes for end user support
- Work with technical teams and end users to execute and maintain systems that apply industry best practices in achieving business objectives, while ensuring the integrity and security of the data, network, and system
- Frequently check the ticketing system for incoming service desk requests; vet requests thoroughly, then evaluate and route them
- Responsible for opening and closing service requests; manage classification of requests; assigning and tracking of requests, and completion of requests
- Ensure a positive support experience for customers; develop a good relationship and trust with company corporate users by exhibiting professional attitude and a welcoming approach to understanding customers’ problems
- Carry out software upgrade for presently installed software when necessary and with authorization, or request for new software
- Perform upgrade for desktops/laptops, tablets, mobile phones, and any other devices; obtain authorization for new hardware
- Perform software imaging fulfilment and Desktop/Laptop hardware builds for projects and acquisitions
- Perform administrative duties, including scheduling of equipment or laptop loaners, or any other services/items for company users; organize shipment to remote sites if required
- Carry out proper tracking of service requests and ensure resolutions to problems are documented in the ticketing system b. Periodic responsibilities (whether weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.):
- Be on a rotation for after-hours support
- Participate in Disaster Recover exercises
- Continue education with updated certification
On call availability. Sitting for extended periods of time. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer components. Lifting moderately heavy objects, like a computer or related equipment. Be able to lift upwards of 45 pounds.
Bachelor's degree in computer studies or related business area preferred; high school degree with equivalent experience.
Minimum of two to four years of helpdesk support experience in an IT environment.
Skills / Other Requirements
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Customer Service Experience (desirable)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage customer accounts professionally
- Customer Service and team work skills
- Multi-task oriented
- Be available for occasional after hour’s maintenance
- Some weekend/afterhours support for maintenance and unexpected issues
- Be able to lift upwards of 45 pounds
- Minimum of High School or GED, prefer recent College Graduate
PossibleNOW is a steadily growing private company and the direct marketing industry leader for Do Not Call and enterprise preference management solutions. Our DNCSolution compliance service and our MyPreferences application boast an impressive Customer list including many Fortune 500 firms. PossibleNOW also has a compliance consulting division and a data services division. Located in Duluth, Georgia we offer a pleasant, casual working environment, competitive salary and a complete benefits package including paid holidays, paid vacation, medical/dental/vision/supplemental/life, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability insurance, HSA, FSA & HSA plans, and 401K plan.
PossibleNOW, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
We offer a competitive salary plus benefits package, including paid holidays, paid vacation, medical/dental insurance, and a 401(k) plan.
To apply, please submit your resume along with salary requirements to email@example.com
Featured Career Opportunities
Zero-Party Data / Preference Management Buyer's KitBuyer's Kit
For More Information
PossibleNOW is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about current job openings or careers with PossibleNOW, contact our Human Resources Department at:firstname.lastname@example.org